So you bought a straight hair and now you want to turn it into a curly one, decisions decisions decisions. No need to fret it’s 100% possible, you just have to do it the right way using the right products. Now, here is the list of things you will need before the curly “abracadabra” can happen. Don’t worry you don’t have to empty your bank account for this because some of what you’ll need are household items.
- Perm rods (bending rollers as we know)
- Large boiling pot (big enough to accommodate your hair)
- Virgin Oil and conditioner
Once you’ve gotten the above items, you can now move to the most exciting part; performing the magic act. I repeat, if you feel you can’t do this yourself (you should be able to, it’s quite simple) then you can ask your stylist to do it for you.
Now that you have all the above ready, follow these steps.
- Get the pot and fill it half with water and turn on the heat
- Add a few drops of virgin oil and about 1/4 palm full of conditioner
- Start to place the hair on the perm rods (while the water is boiling). The size of perm rods determine the tightness of the curls (smaller rods mean tighter curls and bigger rods mean lighter curls)
- Adjust the water temperature down to a simmer.
- Once the hair has been placed on the rod, carefully put them in the boiling water. Note that the hair should boil for a period of no less than 2hours 30minutes
- After the time is elapsed, remove the pot and turn off the gas/stove.
- Allow the extensions to dry overnight. Once this is done, remove the extensions from the perm rod one by one.
- Shampoo and condition the hair
Enjoy your new hair!!!
Alternatively, you can use a curly iron. It all depends on whatever means you choose.